Video editing is an invisible art and often goes unnoticed. It’s a tough art to learn and even harder to master. This month, we’re turning our staff spotlight to our resident Video Editor and Graphic Designer, Arthur David Salva.
1. What is your name? Where do you live? How old are you?
My name is Arthur David M. Salva Jr.
I live in Manila, Philippines and I am 31 years old
2. What circumstances led you to work for the Ministry? How long have you been working for the Ministry?
I’ve been working for the Ministry for two years now. Nira (former team Graphic Designer) and I are long-time friends, and she recruited me to join the Ministry as a video editor. She knew how I worked and that we would be able to communicate easily since we know each other.
3. What is your role in the Ministry? How has working for the Ministry impacted your life?
I am a Video Editor and a Graphic Designer for the ministry. For me working for the Ministry has had a huge impact on my life, especially these past few months because of the ongoing pandemic and my Father having cancer. It has helped us through our expenses and strengthened our faith that we can get through this.
4. Describe what you enjoy most about working for the Ministry.
I enjoy working for the Ministry because the job is easy. Not because the workload is easy, but because the staff and Jennifer treat me like their own family and that makes the job feel easy. Knowing your family (the Ministry) has your back whenever you need them.
5. Who is the most influential person in your life? What is the biggest lesson you learned from this person?
The most influential person in my life is my Dad. My Dad has been diagnosed with two different types of cancer right now, but he never stops fighting and he always keeps his faith and hopes that someday, everything will be alright. That is what I have learned from him, no matter what, always keep your faith bigger than your fear.
6. When you are not working for the Ministry what do you enjoy doing? What are some of your hobbies?
What I enjoy doing whenever I’m not working is I go out biking with my friends. What is good about biking is it is not a contact sport, so we can keep our social distance. I’ve explored many new places and feel biking keeps me mentally healthy and reduces my stress level.
7. Is there anything else that you would like to say to the people reading this article about you?
Hmmm… Uhm wear your face mask! 😁 and please stay healthy so we can end this pandemic in no time! 💜
Arthur David Salva
Video Editor and Graphic Designer, Power of Love Ministry Staff